Monday 11 February 2013

Proving motion by moving forward

It's been quite some time since my last post so I should probably apologize to all of my devoted fans. Well, I think I'll stop there given that I don't apologize to imaginary people- contrary to a popular belief held by no one.

So the idea is to write some stuff down in the next couple of weeks that gives some sketch as to the thoughts I've been having recently.

Some of these things include:

1. Philosophy of mathematics- namely some questions I've posed as a response to Frege's criticism of John Stuart Mill in the Foundations of Arithmetic. These questions have to do with the distinction between the form or proof of arithmetical propositions and the source of the human capacity to apprehend and effectively utilize use these propositions. My question would be something along the lines of asking whether Frege adequately responds to Mill's empiricist foundation of arithmetic, and to follow this by highlighting the key differences in relation to the motivations and methods of these thinkers.

2. I will attempt to make a more robust version of my latest essay concerning scientific realism. The essay was written swiftly and still requires work in terms of outlining the empirical data of Alison Gopnik and developing two key themes I've excluded from the essay thus far.

3. I've also decided I might write more about social issues for the hell of it. Watching c-span recently (namely the hearings of Brennan and Hagel) has thrown me into the the political wheels of the USA and I might throw some ideas out here about that.

I've decided to finally let myself write smaller posts that are more aphoristic to increase the content on the blog. You should probably never read this blog again.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment